I love being a burlesque babe, it’s fun, sassy, confidence-boosting and all-round wonderful. Aside from all of this, morphing into an all-singing, all-shimmying burlesque performer isn’t just about jumping on the stage and taking your clothes off, it’s about the whole vibe of your performance – and that includes costumes. But costumes, come at a price. Fortunately for you, my fellow burlesque babes, there are some tricks of the trade that can help you where costume cost is concerned. You can choose to spend a bomb on a bejewelled bra or spend a pretty penny on sequinned pasties, but when you’ve got Love You Burlesque’s handy DIY guide, why should you?
So, here’s how you can make a rhinestone bra that will be ideal for showcasing your lady lumps!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A bra
- Measuring tape
- Strong craft glue or fabric glue
- Flat-back rhinestones
- Once you’ve chosen your bra (so many styles and colours to choose from, so it might take you a while!), measure the height and width of one bra cup. This will give you a better idea of the space that you’re working with.
- It’s time to get creative and plan your rhinestone design! You can draw the cup shape and size (using the measurements taken) on to a piece of paper and then play around with different designs and patterns.
- Once you have decided on your pattern, you can begin adhering each rhinestone to the bra with a small amount of glue. Love You Burlesque Top Tip: Try using tweezers or a toothpick to help with the fiddly task of sticking rhinestones!
- To complete your bra, repeat your design on the other cup and leave the bra to dry for 24 hours.
- Voila! Your beautifully rhinestoned bra is ready to wear and shimmy in!
HAVE YOU HAD A GO AT MAKING A RHINESTONE BRA? WHY NOT COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR PHOTOS BELOW – WE’D LOVE TO SEE THEM!